Oswego Country Club is among the Nation’s oldest golf clubs, having been established in 1897. It currently sits on property that was previously known as the Murray and Littlefield farm. The original course consisted of only six holes and the clubhouse was located near what is now known as the fourth hole. Today’s clubhouse was opened in 1903. In 1915, world renowned golf course architect A.W. Tillinghast redesigned and expanded the original course into what is now known as the Front Nine. In 1978, the club retained the services of golf course architect Geoffrey Cornish to develop property located on the south side of Munn Street into what is now known as the Back Nine.
Under the watchful eye of golf course superintendent Scott Peters, Oswego Country Club has developed a reputation as one of the finest golf courses in Central New York. The Club has played host to some of New York’s finest golf events, including the New York State Women’s and Junior Amateur Championships. The course is a frequent host of many tournaments sponsored by the CNY PGA and the Syracuse District Golf Association. The Oswego High School Boys’ and Girls’ Golf Teams, as well as the Oswego State Lakers Golf Team utilize the course for their home matches.
This is an exciting time for the membership at Oswego Country Club. In addition to Ryne Varney taking over this spring as head golf professional, Oswego CC is completing a major renovation enhancement project. The first phase, completed this past May, included an expanded dining room area with new furniture that can now accommodate large party gatherings. In addition, the outdoor patio has been renovated and now includes a fire pit area overlooking the 9th green.
Additionally, phase two of the enhancement project to renovate the locker rooms is complete.
Our mission is to maintain a position as one of Central New York’s finest private clubs. To accomplish this goal, the Club prides itself on continuing to improve and maintain the golf course and club facilities. With a current membership of over 320 individuals, the Club is constantly evolving to meet the needs of its membership and to maintain a competitive dues structure.
We welcome you to join our Membership community.